Recently I’ve been touting 2 different money saving apps (Ibotta and Endorse), but here is another one that I LOVE! It’s called Shopkick, and I’ve been using it for 2 years. Shopkick rewards you with kicks (points) for walking into a variety of stores; Target, CVS, Old Navy, Macy’s, Costco and Walmart just to name a few. Plus, you can get exclusive coupons, and earn other kicks while shopping. The best part is that you can redeem your kicks for gift cards and all kinds of great items. I personally like the Target gift cards, but there is a long list of possibilities. Plus, if you sign up for Shopkick through the links in this post, you’ll get a bonus 50 points JUST FOR SIGNING UP! Shopkick works on both the Android and iPhone.
Right now, there is an awesome deal where you can get a FREE $2 Target Gift Card through Shopkick. You will need to install Shopkick (an awesome app that earns you rewards for shopping) and the Target App (found in Google Play or the Apple Store).
Here’s how you get your FREE $2 Target Gift Card:
1. Install Shopkick (if you don’t already have it) – use this link and you’ll get a bonus 50 kicks (reward points) for signing up.
2. Install the Target App (from either the Apple app store or Google Play)
3. Once you have the Target App, open it up and scroll down and click on the promo “Get a $2 Target Gift Card”
4. Click on “I have the shopkick app”
5. It will ask you for the phone number connected to your Shopkick app, and then it will add the gift card to your account. You will have to login to Shopkick to see it listed under “my stuff”. I had to logout and log back in to see it.
6. The gift card will be activated when you login to Shopkick while inside a Target store – you need to activate your gift card by 2/9/13. Plus when you go in to activate your gift card, you’ll get 35 kicks
7. Once your card is activated, you can click on it to use it. The cashier will be able to scan it from your phone. I used mine today and it was super easy!
Stores offer kicks in a few different ways:
- Walk in kicks, get points for simply entering the store.
- Scanning items – scan selected items while shopping and earn kicks.
- Kicks for purchases – earn kicks for every dollar you spend in certain stores.
If you are new to Shopkick, there is a sensor by the doors in the stores that award “walk in kicks”. Just stand inside the door, open up the app, and after a few seconds it will award you the kicks. You can get a FREE gift card for as little as 500 kicks. With as often as I shop at Target and CVS, these add up REALLY FAST!