Last night’s dish on my menu plan was Mac & Cheese Casserole. This is one of my kid’s FAVORITE dishes. First off, I have to say, my kids have NEVER had boxed Mac & Cheese. Since they have to take dairy, nut free, lunches to school, my girls eat a lot of mac and cheese, but they get REALLY excited when I make this recipe…and tonight it turned out extremely good!
When I posted my menu plan for this week, several of you emailed me and asked for this recipe…so here you go!
Just as a disclaimer to my recipe. I received the original recipe from a friend of mine several years ago, but when I cook I tend to tweak things. I don’t usually measure my ingredients, so if you are going to make this recipe, you might need to play around with the amounts.
|Mac & Cheese Casserole ~ DELISH!||
- 1 1lb box of noodles (and shape, though I’m partial to small shells)
- 1 8 oz bag Cheddar Cheese
- 1 8 oz bag Mozzarella Cheese
- 4 – 5 cups Milk
- 2 cups Flavored Bread Crumbs
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Lawry’s Season Salt
- 1 egg
- Boil the noodles as per the directions on the box.
- While the noodles cook, scald the milk. Once the milk has been scalded, remove from the heat and add the bread crumbs, cover and let them sit for at least 5 minutes to absorb the milk.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cheese, Paprika, Lawry’s, egg
- Once the noodles are all cooked, mix them thoroughly with the milk/bread crumb mixture, and then mix in the cheese mixture.
- Put the noodles in a 9×13 pan and cook covered for 25 minutes covered at 350 and then for 5 minutes uncovered (to brown the top).
If you saw any other meals that sounded good on my menu plan, let me know…I’m going to be posting more of my favorite recipes but I’d love to hear from you!